Ruins of Aspia
Albwood is a small village settle at the eastern foot of the mountains with a population that is generally monstrous. Many of the lesser civilized races chose to settle away from the more common races of the world. However as with the rest of Brohst it is a fairly peaceful society, though difference and arguements do arise, they are settled in The Purple Fox Arena.
No walls currently surround the city.
The city includes a wealthy district.
The people in Albwood distrust anyone who cannot hold their own in combat, and view them as cowards and lesser beings.
Unlike the rest of Brohst, the Conclave member for Albwood is not elected by common vote. Mostly because most of the populous is illiterate. Instead after the settling of the village a tournament was created to decide who would be their leader. There currently leader is a half-orc by the name of Routhu. Any citizen of the village is welcome to challenge for the position, however Routhu a skilled warrior has yet to be defeated since he claimed the title 23 years ago.
Trial by combat. The most common crime is domestic disturbance. The imprisonment rate is 0.85% of the population.
Around town you’ll hear the following legends:
- Way back when, a witch haunted the fields and was drawn towards murderers. Commoners say that the witch will ask for your help, then imprison you.
- A strange creature lives in the forest to the south, many have only seen glimpses of the creature, but it is but the strange noises it makes can be heard across the river at night.
You’ll find the following job postings:
- Cooking contest this weekend. Special prize for first place finish. Will owe you a huge favor. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Darelltel Killeheart.
- Help Wanted: Merchant seeks caravan master, cartographer, navigator, and experienced mercenaries for trade expedition. May include some hazards. Contact Ellenanae Duskingrun.
- Looking for work? giant spiders-catcher needed to keep the beasties away from the sheep and cattle. Will pay in gold. Contact Mickry Danliffe.
- Adept seeks apprentice. Will pay in gold. Safety not guaranteed. Contact Junvin Triggertonk.
These establishments worthy of mention in Wolfdew:
- The Bottomless Wig Leatherworks
- The Slippery Riverside Textiles
- The Frosted Maiden General Store
- The Frosted Cloak Shrine
- The Wet Dog Meat Handlers
- The Snoring Wyrm Clinic
- The Lazy Flame Cart Repairs
- The White Beer Bath House
- The Purple Fox Arena