Ruins of Aspia
Hinswall Hold is the largest settlement on the Isle of Brohst, and is the island’s major port for trade and commerce.
Visitors are greeted with a flimsy granite stockade that is 10 meters tall. The city wall protects the core 100% of the city, with 5 towers spread along the wall. The port of Hinswall sits outside of the of the protective wall.
There are 2 roads leading to Hinswall Hold; 1 road is major. The city is lined with crude cobblestone streets in a fragmented parallel pattern.
The city is broken into the following districts: market, mercy, fine shops, middleclass, and trade.
The Conclave member for Hinswall hold is Ciritha Strongnon. She has done her duty as the elected official for years and is loved by the people.
Laws are enforced by a volunteer police, and are strictly enforced. Justice is served by judge and jury, with a common punishment being community service.
Crime is unusual. The most common crime is fraud. The imprisonment rate is 0.23% of the population
Around town you’ll hear the following legends:
- The Treasure of the Orcid Rose can be found in the large canyon on the western side of the island.
- Captain Brohst perished during the invastion many years ago, his ghost still walks the streets of Old Hinswall.
- Deep within the mountains can be found a terrifying creature with wings of fire.
- Miners having be disappearing at the Brohst Silver Mine.
The people in Hinswall Hold love outsiders.
You’ll find the following job postings:
- Required: Hearty souls needed to recover stolen artifact. Mild danger may be involved. Contact Illlenssa Ravensky.
- Required: sewing contest this weekend. Special prize for first place finish. Will owe you a huge favor. Length of job expected to be short. Contact Micke Chane.
- Help Wanted: I’m looking for a Negotiator. Prior experience required. Will reward you with valuable information. Contact Dit.
- Help! Hearty souls needed to recover stolen cerimonial knife. Reward available. Contact Balrun Leadblood.
- I’m looking for investigator to look into someone’s references. Contact Morond Lightcrown.
- Adventurers willing to explore ruins of Old Hinswall and return any valuable artifacts. Will owe you a huge favor. Contact Joe Wiland.
- Help Needed: Disappearing livestock need experienced tracker. Contact Beldrid Oakshade if interested.
These establishments worthy of mention in Hinswall Hold:
The Eastern Dog Wares
The Slippery Oarhouse Textiles
The Wanton Elves Grave Diggers
The Whistling Beer Inc.
The Hanging Peacock Millers
The Splintered Axe Shoes
The Happy Toad Magic Eye Piece
The Empty Oarhouse Ale House
The Blue Crow Scribe
The Surly Bunk Mercenary
The Wet Wagonhouse Meat Handlers
The Dreaming Beer Healers
The Wanton Badger Night Smiths
The Blabbering Flask Shoppe
The Blind Jade Shop